Minimum code of conduct and basic expectations for all facilitators and instructors (abridged).
By delivering and or facilitating any training session at anytime with tractrain, all instructors have agreed to abide strictly by the minimum code of conduct displayed below and any other reasonably required conduct by management.
1. Instructors must arrive at the training venue at least 35 minutes before the session/class commences to prepare for each class and meet with the coordinator(s). All study materials, notes, or learning aids to be used in class must be cleared first with coordinator ahead of any scheduled session. When requested by coordinator, all power-point slides must be prepared ahead (and sent to the coordinator) for every session.
2. All instructors must be well-groomed (no excessive facial hair) and smartly dressed in formal dress (with a jacket) or smart casual with an office shirt and office shoes (No jeans, t-shirts, round necks tops, sneakers, polo tops, body hugs, native attires, sports-wear, party wear, multi-colored clothes, religious attire etc are allowed); in short very professional appearance only is acceptable. Chewing of gum, taking of alcoholic beverages, eating snacks, or meals of any nature is not allowed in class.
3. It is mandatory that a detailed report of each session taken by each facilitator to the sent to the email address provided by coordinator), within one hour after each session. Failure to do so, will mean that the session was never hold, since their is no record for it.
4. All Instructors or facilitators must inform the coordinator at least three days ahead in the case of an unforeseen absence from agreed scheduled sessions; failure to do so(at least three days) will attract a minimum penalty of N3,000 deduction (subject to change by management) from amount payable at the end of the month. Not showing up on the day of an agreed session attracts N7,000 penalty (subject to change by management), likely discontinuation of any further engagement with instructor and instant forfeiture of any expected outstanding month-end payment(s).
5. It is expected that all sessions should be delivered in a standing position. Sitting down or beside the client(s) to deliver a class/ session is not allowed. Instructors are not allowed to take any textbooks, or any other item that belongs to the company without written authorization from the management or coordinator.
6. All matters concerning the client should be directed to the coordinators only. Where official emails are assigned to instructors, they should be used strictly for tractrain related work matter(s). At no time should such official emails be used for personal correspondence e.g., display on cv or sending of resume, sending emails unrelated to tractrain matters, posting or display on LinkedIn, blogs, or on any website/portals, etc.
7. The engagement with the instructor is intricately linked to a confidentiality agreement. It therefore expressly prohibits the display of such engagement on a personal resume, including such in emails unrelated to tractrain matter, posting on LinkedIn, blogs, or on any website/portals.
8. All sessions/classes must not end before 4.30pm and instructors are not allowed to leave the training venue before 4.30pm for weekend sessions at the prep centres. Extensions and or exception may apply after an express clearance from management or coordinator.
9. All phones must be on silent mode or switched off in the training room or classroom. Picking of calls, sending SMS/WhatsApp, etc. is prohibited while a session is on-going. Asides mobile phones, personal computers, laptops, and other electronic devices are not permitted to be brought to the center or any session; exception(s) may apply after an express clearance from management or coordinator.
10. Political/religious discussions with clients or proselytizing in any form are prohibited. All gatherings or meetings that are not convened or facilitated by coordinator/ management are not permitted at any time.
11. All questions that require a solution sent in by client or coordinator must be solved, typed, and submitted to the coordinator within 48 hours. Test scores (minimum of one test per week) from relevant exam simulation software are expected from every instructor to show competence and to ensure that the client’s rating of the instructor is consistently high (overall 5 points) for each session.
12. All Instructors or facilitators must inform the coordinator at least three days ahead in the case of an unforeseen absence from agreed scheduled sessions; failure to do so(at least three days) will attract a minimum penalty of N3,000 (subject to change by management)deduction from amount payable at the end of the month. Not showing up on the day of an agreed session attracts N7,000 (subject to change by management) penalty, likely discontinuation of any further engagement with instructor and instant forfeiture of any expected outstanding month-end payment(s).